Recipe is from Victorian Strawberries Association
- 1 x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 bunches basil leaves
- 100g walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp olive oil
- PRAWN SALAD
- 12 large or 24 small green prawns, peeled and deveined, with the tails intact
- ½ cup Strawberry Pesto
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- extra strawberries to serve
- PRAWN PASTA
- 200g fresh lasagne sheets, cut into thick strips
- 12 large green king prawns, peeled and deveined, with the tails intact
- ½ cup Strawberry pesto
- 100g ricotta cheese
- extra basil leaves and sliced strawberries to serve
- To make Pesto.
- Place the strawberries, basil leaves, walnuts and garlic in a food processor and blitz with the Parmesan cheese. Gradually add the olive oil and mix to a pesto like consistency.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
- To make prawns for salad.
- Heat a large pan and pan fry the prawns for 2 – 3 minutes each side. Toss in pesto, and strawberries and warm through. Place leaves onto 4 serving plates, top with warm prawns and berries and drizzle with oil if desired. Delicious served with extra pesto. Drizzle with a good olive or chilli oil if desired.
- To make pasta.
- To make the pasta, bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the fresh pasta. Drain. Heat a large pan and pan fry the prawns for 2 – 3 minutes each side. Toss in the drained pasta and pesto, and warm through. Crumble with ricotta and extra basil leaves and strawberry slices, then serve immediately.